Subscribe!

Send me an email here and I'll send you a link to every fabulous new post...or follow me on Twitter for the same result. Very exciting.

Saturday 12 November 2016

Trump money

I thought I'd just visit my blog, maybe restart my engines...and don't worry, as usual I'm not really going for all serious here.  This post is mostly all about how we can all profit from the recent election result.  Kind of.  I must apologize for the wall of text look, I've momentarily become disconnected from my understanding of how to get pictures into a post.  I will sort that out later, but first I wanted to connect you to a future of ease and wealth.  I'm just that kind of guy.

I'm pretty sure there is not a single original thought left to think about that whole Trump thing....except maybe these:

When I think about how rich I would now be if I had gathered every penny I could beg borrow or steal 18 months or so ago and bet it on Trump being president, it makes me cry.  Guys must be jumping from balconies in Vegas this week.  It also makes me wonder what crazily improbable Trump related thing I could now begin rounding up cash to bet on.  I'm sure assassination and impeachment are already taking money now, but probably not on fantastic odds.  How about a Nobel Prize, for the advancement of democracy?  I'd guess the odds are long, but here's my theory on why that could be a good bet:  

First, the reason he got elected is because the entire government system in the States has ignored the state of its population for way too long, both in terms of things that people are concerned about and the general population's inability to participate.  I mean, the education system is so bankrupt I bet a huge percentage of Americans have no idea how even the basics of their government works, so how could they possibly not be suspicious and disconnected?  The theory here goes that Trump's election and maybe his subsequent behaviour will be such a shock to the whole country that both parties will wake up to the "by the people for the people" part and stop screwing around inside their incestuous little world that no one else can see into.  Maybe they'll realize that democracies need informed participants, and that "information" may equate to "education" and the ability to think critically, or at all, and that if they can't make the peasants feel like part of things a guy like Trump will have the peasants tear them limb from limb.  That's what fascist demagogues do, after all.  So if those changes happen and he gets credit/blame, maybe he should get a prize, because right now the world is a dangerously ignorant place.

Next, the Outlier theory.  It's only nut cases like Trump that make big giant changes.  Often those changes are really stupid or violent or destructive, but sometimes they're life-changingly positive, even if only by accident.  The point is, it's only guys like him who ever get far enough out there to even think about some of the really "crazy" stuff that the usual suspects would never imagine, let alone venture to pursue.  So maybe, if if the world doesn't go up in smoke because of him, something amazing will come out of it and we'll all think "Wow, never saw THAT coming!"....just like this election result.  So he could do something amazing and get a Prize for that.

I feel like this could be it, the real ticket, the big win we've all been looking for.  So, get out the credit card and place your bet.  We could all be rich in a few years.


3 comments: